Sunday, August 16, 2015

Life Goes on Anyways (continued)

In the ER I was in a lot of pain,mostly back,neck and left leg. Fearing I had a broken vertebrae or neck, the nurse put a cervical collar on me. The problem was that it wasn't the right size and it covered my mouth,making normal breathing uncomfortable. I asked several times to have it removed but they couldn't do that until they were sure my neck was ok. They also gave me dalauden for pain. That medecine, along with the wrong size  cervical collar caused my oxygen level to plummet. A breathing helped to remedy this. I was still complaining of back,neck and leg pain. Xrays turned up nothing. CT scan turned up nothing. I kept telling the nurse that something was wrong. I couldn't put weight on my left leg. Next in line to diagnose was an MRI. Finally, the MRI told them that I had a tibia plateau fracture and a torn ligament. Fortunately, no breaks in my back or neck,although I did have degeneration in my lumbar spine. Also a chest xray taken in the ER had turned up something not normal. I was admitted to the hospital. The story continues there.....

No comments:

Post a Comment