Saturday, June 9, 2012

A Tribute to Doctors, Nurses and Therapists





Today I want to pay tribute to all of those in the medical professions who have been partners in my pain-free journey.
The first one I remember is Dr. August T. Piper, pediatrician and dear family friend.  Of that era also was Dr Gladney (surgeon), Dr Lee (dentist)and Dr Canaan (eye doctor).

As I matured my partners in health were the staffs at Washington University (Barnes Hospital) and Johns Hopkins clinics.
College years saw me cared for lovingly by the campus nurse and a local doctors - Dr Bone and Doctor Scott.

Care of my female organs has been from Dr. Justin Kronor, Dr. Teresita Padilla and currently from Dr. David Weinstein.

The initial journey to discover why I had back and neck pain and stiffness and repeated case of iritis/uveitis was led by Dr. David Brown. Then I discovered a great dignostician and doctor in Owen Kantor, MD and his partner S. Christine Kovacs.

 Another important part of my treatment has been physical therapy. I got off to a great start with Dan Kelley and staff who utilize the MacKenzie method. This method relies a lot on the patient helping him/her self.

Of course this tribute would not be complete without including my current caretakers:

Dr. Rand Sommer & staff of Clinic of Internal Medicine
Dr. John Powell & staff, Dermatologist
Dr. H. Ahmed and staff, St. Luke's Sleep Medicine Center
Dr. David Weinstein , Kendra and staff at Consultants in Womens Health
Dr. Paul Bles and staff, dentist
Dr. Seibert and staff at Overland Eye Associates
Dr. Brian McMorrow & staff at Gateway GI
Therapists and staff at Provider Plus
Pharmacists and other staff at Express Scripts and Curascript

and any others which I may have mistakenly omitted from these lists.

Are you a patient of any of these ? Do you have another doctor, nurse or therapist who deserves a tribute ?
Let me know as a comment.

Until next time,

Do your best to think, live and be pain-free !


No comments:

Post a Comment